Some spontaneous feedback from one of the delegates:
I’d just like to say a huge THANK-YOU! I thoroughly enjoyed my first dune conference and introduction to the wider coast care family. Everyone was welcoming and willing to pass on their extensive knowledge, and my only wish is that it could have been longer… I can’t wait for the next one.
- Riba Greally, Reserves Community Ranger, Hutt City Council, 1 April 2019
Living with Dynamic Shorelines was the theme of our 2019 conference, which was held in Warkworth 27-29 March 2019.
The conference was a mixture of indoor presentations and fieldtrips. Click on this link to see the conference booklet including the programme.
Photos are now available to those who attended, who should have received a link with password directly from Simon Hoyle of Southlight, who kindly did the photography once again. Some photos will be uploaded to this site. Here is a short video to summarise it all: https://vimeo.com/southlightnz/coastal19
Presentations of the conference:
- Archaeology in coastal environments - Matthew Campbell (CFG Heritage)
- Monitoring Coastal Turf - Luke Stanley (Auckland Council)
Regional Roundup presentations:
- Bream Bay Coastal Care Trust - Iuana Pirihi
- Coast Care Bay of Plenty - Paul Greenshields (BOPRC)
- East Coast Protection Group - Rick Stolwerk
- Kaitorete Birdlings Flat - Ian Hankin (DOC)
- Maketu Ongatoro Wetland Society - Julian Fitter
- Waipu Cove Langs Beach - Rick Stolwerk
will be uploaded here if and when available by the end of April 2019.
There was also a free CoastalRestoration101 workshop on Tuesday 26 March. This day was kindly sponsored by the Department of Conservation.