Another successful Coastal Restoration Trust Conference was held in Whitianga on 11-13 March 2015.
The programme had many interesting speakers and more than a day of fieldtrips to coastal dunes and restoration projects in the area. Three of our four awards were also presented.
Go here to see photos taken by professional photographer Simon Hoyle. He has kindly allowed anyone to download them. An article about our conference appeared in the local paper. Check it out here
- Climate Change and Rising Sea Levels - Dr Carl Walrond from Office of Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment: see links to the report and a presentation that his presentation was based on.
- Coromandel coastal dunes – archaeological and cultural values - Dr Louise Furey
- Coromandel beaches – overview of coastal processes and dune management - Jim Dahm
- NZ Dotterel Watch
- Sand (DVD by Michael Smither)
- State of NZ Beaches - Raewyn Peart of the Environmental Defence Society
- Working with Nature: Ethnography of soft coastal protection practices in Aoteoroa - Dr Friederike Gesing, Bremen University, Germany
Regional Roundup Presentations
- Ahipara Community Coast Care
- Castlecliff Coast Care
- Christchurch City Council
- Coast Care West Area (Bay of Plenty)
- Friends of Rarawa
- Maketu Ongatoro Wetland Society
- Te Kohaka o Tuhaitara Trust
- Te Roopu Whakaoranga O Te Taha Moana
- Waikato West Coast
- Wainui Coast Care
We thank our sponsors for their support of our conference.