Our 2017 “Diverse coastal environments in a time of change” conference was held in Christchurch on 22-26 March.
Here is some unsolicited feedback from those who participated:
I especially loved being out and about seeing the amazing dune restoration sites, and dreaming about how I will make these happen here. It has certainly raised my levels of determination and excitement for our precious eco-system and the many possibilities and hard work ahead of our community and Iwi.
- ALISON WARU, UAWANUI Te Mana o te wai - Project Co-ordinator
Thanks for allowing me to take part in this conference - it was one of the best conference experiences I have had. What an amazingly ‘clued up’, ethical and motivated group of people the CRTNZ represents. Ka pai.
My colleague, Dr Byun, from the Korean Hydrographic and Oceanographic Administration was also very impressed by the practical knowledge sharing and, in particular, really loved Friday’s field trip.
- Deirdre Hart, University of Canterbury
Absolutely LOVED the conference. I’m a convert. Your leadership is superb. - you are doing a very good job of ‘chairing’ that community. Exactly the right approach i’d say.
- Colleen Philip, Chair of North Canterbury Forest & Bird (addressed at our Chair Greg Bennett)
and one anonymous from our survey:
Fabulous event - really added to my knowledge and enthusiasm in this area in a NZ specific context. Well done CRTNZ for fostering such a great coastal knowledge and practice community. 5 stars.
Presentations from Wednesday 22 March:
- Canterbury’s Coastal Diversity
- Muriwai Dune Restoration Photos & Planting Plan
- The Uawanui Project - Eastland
- Coast Care Waihi Beach & Planting Summary
- Gabriele Pfaender - Northland
- Canterbury Plus
- Castlecliff Coast Care - Whanganui
- Christchurch Region
- Coastcare Northland
- Department of Conservation - Mahaanui
- Dunedin - A cautionary tale
- Dunedin Brighton Beach
- Friends of Petone Beach
- Maketu Ongatoro Wetland Society
- Ōtautahi Christchurch
Thanks go to our sponsors: