Best Coastal Restoration Project Award
This award is no longer presented. This and the Best Coastal Community Group Award have been replaced by the The Coastal Restoration Award
The Best Coastal Restoration Project Award recognised the ‘on the ground’ achievements of a coastal restoration project. The award was generously sponsored by Coastlands Plant Nursery.
- 2018 Winner: Port Waikato Beach Care
- 2017 Winner: Waipu Cove Reserve Board
- 2016 Winner: Wainui Beach Management Strategy - Gisborne District Council and especially Wainui Coast Care including Ngati Oneone Hapu for their work to get the importance of dune restoration included.
- 2015 Winner: Rarawa Dune Restoration Project
- 2014 Winner: Waikirikiri Dune Restoration and Protection Project
- 2013 Winner: Te Kohaka o Tuhaitara Trust
- 2012 Winner: Taipa Beach Improvement Society
- 2011 Winner: Maketu Ongatoro Wetland Group
- 2010 Winner: Timaru District Council
- 2009 Winner: Waitohu Stream Care Group (INC)