Another successful Coastal Restoration Trust Conference was held in Whitianga on 11-13 March 2015.
The programme had many interesting speakers and more than a day of fieldtrips to coastal dunes and restoration projects in the area. Three of our four awards were also presented.
- Climate Change and Rising Sea Levels - Dr Carl Walrond from Office of Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment: see links to the report and a presentation that his presentation was based on.
- Coromandel coastal dunes – archaeological and cultural values - Dr Louise Furey
- Coromandel beaches – overview of coastal processes and dune management - Jim Dahm
- NZ Dotterel Watch
- Sand (DVD by Michael Smither)
- State of NZ Beaches - Raewyn Peart of the Environmental Defence Society
- Working with Nature: Ethnography of soft coastal protection practices in Aoteoroa - Dr Friederike Gesing, Bremen University, Germany
Regional Roundup Presentations
- Ahipara Community Coast Care
- Castlecliff Coast Care
- Christchurch City Council
- Coast Care West Area (Bay of Plenty)
- Friends of Rarawa
- Maketu Ongatoro Wetland Society
- Te Kohaka o Tuhaitara Trust
- Te Roopu Whakaoranga O Te Taha Moana
- Waikato West Coast
- Wainui Coast Care
We thank our sponsors for their support of our conference.