Best Coastal Community Group Award
It takes team work and tenacity to start up and motivate people to work together for a common goal. Open to all volunteer community-based groups working in coastal areas, the Best Community Group Award recognises the efforts that go into successfully working together as a team. The award is generously sponsored by The Native Plant Nursery and is presented at the annual conference.
Watch this space for information about the 2019 award.
- 2018 Winner: Whitireia Park Restoration Group
- 2017 Winner: Friends of Petone Beach
- 2016 Winner: Pio Shores Coast Care
- 2015 Winner: Eastbourne Dunes Protection Group
- 2014 Winner:The Ngatitara Oaonui Sandy Bay Society
- 2013 Winner: Sumner Environment Group
- 2012 Winner: Castlecliff Coast Care
- 2011 Winner: Waihi Beach Care Group
- 2010 Winner: Southshore Residents Association
- 2009 Winner: Te Roopu Whakaoranga o te Taha Moana Trust