Waikanae Estuary Care Group Inc.
Purpose of group:
- To carry out restoration work within the Waikanae Estuary Scientific Reserve.
- Connect with local community bodies with interests in the restoration of the dunes.
- Connect with local schools & children’s groups to promote good management & care of coastal environments.
- Connect with central & local government organisations involved in coastal protection & restoration.
About the group:
- It is important to get local buy-in to work being undertaken.
- Spinifex growth along the coast has been a great success story.
Location of main site: The WECG carry out restoration work in the Waikanae Estuary Scientific Reserve & a small section of Kapiti Coast District Council reserves near the Waikanae River Estuary.
Name of contact person: Robin Gunston
Telephone number: 027 220 4186
Preferred method of contact: Email