Best Coastal Restoration Project Award
Open to community groups and organisations carrying out coastal restoration work, the Best Coastal Restoration Project Award recognises the ‘on the ground’ achievements of a coastal restoration project. The award is generously sponsored by Coastlands Plant Nursery and is presented at the annual conference.
- 2017 Winner - Waipu Cove Reserve Board
- 2016 Winner - Wainui Beach Management Strategy - Gisborne District Council and especially Wainui Coast Care including Ngati Oneone Hapu for their work to get the importance of dune restoration included.
- 2015 Winner - Rarawa Dune Restoration Project
- 2014 Winner - Waikirikiri Dune Restoration and Protection Project
- 2013 Winner - Te Kohaka o Tuhaitara Trust
- 2012 Winner - Taipa Beach Improvement Society
- 2011 Winner – Maketu Ongatoro Wetland Group
- 2010 Winner – Timaru District Council
- 2009 Winner – Waitohu Stream Care Group (INC)