This page is under construction.
One of the top questions asked is about vehicles on the beach. Here are some articles and documents relating to this that are not in our other resources. Some may be helpful to you:
- Vehicles on beaches in New Zealand: an annotated bibliography of research on physical and ecological impacts. Department of Conservation, 2021.
- Environmental Defence Society’s Environment guide - Coastal chapter, last updated 2015
- Vehicle ban suggested as shellfish numbers drop, Stuff, 17 May 2021
- Vehicle track causes sea lion to enter busy roads, NZ Herald, 22 January 2021
- Forest and Bird focus on Vehicles on Beaches, Forest & Bird website, 4 December 2020
- Beach survey opens ahead of Marlborough coast vehicle ban plan, Stuff, 9 October 2020
- Waikanae white-baiters campaign for vehicle access, NZ Herald, 14 August 2020
- Survey suggested as vehicle ban on beaches is delayed again, Stuff, 6 August 2020
- Group wants ban on vehicles on sealion beaches, Stuff, 13 July 2020
- Whanganui group seeks feedback from Castlecliff residents, Whanganui Chronicle, 9 November 2018
- Whanganui hui discusses vehicle issues at Castlecliff, Whanganui Chronicle, 14 November 2018
- Onoke Spit vehicle behaviour earns DOC praise, Scoop, 21 December 2011