Nelson - A Region of Coastal Diversity
Thank you to all the 2013 Dune Trust Conference Sponsors that helped make this conference happen and of course our fabulous organising committee.
Please note, the Coastal Restoration Trust has been given permission to make the following presentations publically available on this website. The information and imagery within each presentation belongs to the individual presenter and/or their organisation. Please seek permission directly from the presenters to use any information or imagery contained in the following documents. Email contacts are provided on the front page of each presentation.
Nelson Region Dunes Overview
- Nelson Region Dunes Overview Lynne Hall - Nelson City Council, Stephen Richards - Tasman District Council and Rob Lewis - Golden Bay Coastcare
Plenary Session: The Character of Nelson and Golden Bays
- Early Human Settlement in Coastal Tasman & Golden BaysJohn Mitchell, Mitchell Research
- Tasman Bay currents, nutrients/sediment inputs and fisheries Ken Grange, NIWA-Nelson
- Tasman Bay and Golden Bay Risk Assessment and Sensitivity to Sea Level Rise Eric Verstappen, Tasman District Council
Plenary Session: National Dune Success Stories
- Restoration of Indigenous Biodiversity on Coastal Backdunes Jim Dahm, Eco Nomos, Coastal Restoration Trust CEF Backdunes Project Team
- Makatu Ongatoro Wetland Society Julian Fitter
- Te Moutere o Matakana The effects of the Rena grounding and the importance of maintaining matauranga maori through education and employment and the restoration of taonga and fragile ecosystems. Aroha Armstrong and Jason Murray, Matakana Island Marine Club
Plenary Session: Nelson/Tasman Stories
- Pest Plants in the Coastal Environment of the Nelson & Tasman Region Bradley Myer, Ngahere o Kaitiaki
- Nelson’s Dune Species, Vegetation and Sequences [ 10MB] Shannel Courtney, Department of Conservation. Presentation too large to load - please contact the Coastal Restoration Trust to access a copy.