Resilient Coasts, Resilient Communities
Our 2018 conference was themed Resilient Coasts, Resilient Communities and was held in Petone on 21-23 March.
For photos check out the Petone Gallery. Thanks go to Simon Hoyle of Southlight for his photos and his generosity in sharing these with us all.
Check out the final programme.
See pdfs of the presentations (more will uploaded as they become available):
- Coastal Restoration and Protection: A Natural Hazards perspective - Iain Dawe, Greater Wellington Regional Council
- Greater Wellington And The Coast - Rob Masters, Greater Wellington Regional Council
- Rock meets sea: geology at the cutting edge - Hamish Campbell, GNS Science
- Random but moderately interesting plants of the Wellington coast:
Baring Head to Turakirae Head - Jeremy Rolfe, Department of Conservation
- Plants & animals of Parangarahu handout - Mark McAlpine, Greater Wellington Regional Council
- ECO - Paul Bruce
- Castlecliff Coast Care - Graham and Lyn Pearson
- Friends of Petone Beach - Graeme Lyon
- Northland Roundup - Laura Shaft, Northland Regional Council
- QEII National Trust - Robyn Smith
- Whitireia Park - Porirua - Robyn Smith
- Regional Roundup - Waikato - Moniqua Nelson-Tunley, Waikato Regional Council
There was an add-on fieldtrip to the Wonderful Wairarapa after the main conference.
There was also a free pre-conference course called DUNES101 on Tuesday 20 March. People learnt about dune processes, restoration and coastal plants from our expert trustees Jim Dahm and David Bergin. The DUNES101 day was kindly sponsored by the Department of Conservation.